Remember what I said in a previous post about how I love taking photos of little ones? I just love it! I took this a few years ago, it's my cousin Leslie's nephew, having fun at a family barbeque.

It's so much fun to catch those little moments, and they're usually completely by chance!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every once in a while, though, some hard work pays off. I worked hard at getting this one of my Grandma and Ethan. Ethan was (I think) about 2 months old here...

But, once again, it turned out well because Grandma was ignoring me! I always find the best shots are the ones people aren't aware of, when they are relaxed and natural, not trying to pose or force a smile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every once in a while, a family member will trust me to take a family portrait. I learned, by watching a photographer friend of mine, to keep taking photos, even when the subjects aren't prepared for it. That's what happened with this one. Les and James were relaxing between shots, and (once again, by fluke) I managed to catch one of my favorite photos. There's just something about the facial expressions that just says so much...

So much can be said in a photo - it's true that a picture can be worth a thousand words! I'll do another post soon, with some more of my "total flukes" - some may think I have a "knack" for photography -- I just think I'm really lucky sometimes!!

It's so much fun to catch those little moments, and they're usually completely by chance!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every once in a while, though, some hard work pays off. I worked hard at getting this one of my Grandma and Ethan. Ethan was (I think) about 2 months old here...

But, once again, it turned out well because Grandma was ignoring me! I always find the best shots are the ones people aren't aware of, when they are relaxed and natural, not trying to pose or force a smile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every once in a while, a family member will trust me to take a family portrait. I learned, by watching a photographer friend of mine, to keep taking photos, even when the subjects aren't prepared for it. That's what happened with this one. Les and James were relaxing between shots, and (once again, by fluke) I managed to catch one of my favorite photos. There's just something about the facial expressions that just says so much...

So much can be said in a photo - it's true that a picture can be worth a thousand words! I'll do another post soon, with some more of my "total flukes" - some may think I have a "knack" for photography -- I just think I'm really lucky sometimes!!
Hey!!
Well, this is nice. You've got some great shots here. I still love that set of beach pictures. They make up some of my favourite scrapbook pages!
~Les